i'm so blessed with this brother..

i'm so blessed with this brother..

Friday, July 16, 2010


Justin posted this on his Tumblr 

"I want to take you on a journey where I rediscovered hope, faith and love through the hand of a stranger."
"I just went out to get petrol. It’s a standard week-to-week event where I just go wherever is convenient. However today I felt drawn to a particular petrol station on Coreen Avenue. I was drawn there for the sole purpose that they are always cheap, even though BP across the road can be 10cents/litre more expensive this petrol station know how to have a good business. Anyways. There I was at number ‘1’ filling up my tank and behind me was another green P plater doing likewise. I noticed that he must have selected to only put in a certain amount of petrol based on his money option he chosen (I later found out it was $10) and was trying to get the most out of the hose; every last drop. I finished filling up and he was already inside about the pay."
"I walked in to realise he was swiping his 3rd card through the eftpos machine but the same ‘error’ beep was being heard. To this he went to his car to try and find coins or cash to pay his bill. Inside the shop the line progressed and I said to the shop attendant “I’d like to pay for 1 (mine) and 3 (his).” The shop attendant was confused, he thought I had moved my car and fueled up at two spots so I said it more clearer, “I’d like to pay for mine and the man in the white car” and to that he understood and allowed me to." 
"I walked outside to the man in the white car, at this stage he was on the phone calling a friend to bring him money for his petrol and I just said to him “You’re free to go, I’ve paid for you.” The man was shocked, he immediately said thank you and a moment of joy was shared between us."
"Two complete strangers united together through a random act of kindness." 
"He shook my hand, said thank you again then I got in my car and left. But the revelation I received from God driving home was phenomenal. In that moment at that petrol station I touched the “lost”. Through a simple gesture in that of a handshake I came into contact with those that Jesus came to save. This is a rare occasion for me because my whole life I classify as “christian”, I study at bible college, I work at a christian workplace and when I’m not at either I am serving in my ministry. And yet today I rediscovered hope, faith and love through the hand of a stranger. I don’t know this man’s name or anything about him but the thoughts that followed were incredible."
"I ‘touched’ the lost today. But when Jesus died on the cross he touched the whole world. Although I haven’t shared a handshake with Jesus, through his hands he bore the pain of being nailed to a cross. And through this act of kindness, he touched my life."
"It was through Jesus’ hands that i discovered hope, faith and love - and now through my hands today I was able to show hope, faith and love through my life. Is this what we mean when we pray “God use our hands and use our feet…” - Justin Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment